BETTER THAN THE BEST

BETTER THAN THE BEST
CLICK AT THE IMAGE TO VIEW

James Oh received a Diamond Super Connector award on BranchOut.

James Oh is well connected! He is now able to reach out to over 60,000 people and 33,516 companies in his BranchOut professional network to better his career and open doors for new opportunities.

Followers

Better Than The Best BY JAMES OH

Better Than The Best BY JAMES OH
click at the image to buy

Wednesday 9 June 2010

WHALE WATCH IN NEW ZEALAND - REAL WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE


Dear Readers,
Lately I saw my skiing photo which I took many years back in New 
Zealand. It reminded me of my wonderful experience of whale 
watching in the town of Kaikoura - a scenic two and a half-hour drive
north from Christchurch in New Zealand's South Island. This is an 
exciting up-close encounter with the Whale throughout the year. 
Whale watch scheduled tours operate daily and I really enjoyed the 
every moment of my journey. Because the chance that we see a 
whale is so good that the company dares to guarantee us refund 
80% of the fare should our Whale Watch Kaikoura tour does not 
sight a whale.

That was my first visit to New Zealand and I managed to watch a 
Giant Sperm Whale which the tourist guide told us that this is the 
largest whale they have seen so far. I am so excited and my friend 
snap a photo for me which reflected I nearly touched the tail of the 
whale - the trick of his camera. See the photo below and you will 
know what I mean. 

This is the boat which we board to watch the whale. You can see 
how small is our ship as compared to the whale. As such, the 
captain has to keep a certain distance from the whale so as to 
ensure safety for his passengers.

In this connection, may someone tell me as what caused the whale 
to jump out from the ocean? Knowing that its weight and size, it is 
not easy for it to do that. Yet it still does.
Giant Sperm Whales are the stars of the show and I was told 
that they are year-round residents there. During our journey 
there, we also encountered New Zealand Fur Seals, pods of 
Dusky dolphins and the endangered Wandering Albatross. 
A real sweet and wonderful experience throughout the journey 
because you will find something interesting to watch and enjoy.
I was told that at times you may also see migrating 
Humpback Whales, Pilot Whales, Blue Whales and 
Southern Right Whales but it is very much depends on 
the season you visit the area.

No surprise that this wonderful place, Kaikoura, often 
hosts the world's largest dolphin - the Orca - and is home
to the world's smallest and rarest - the Hector's. Besides 
that, Kaikoura also attracts the largest concentration and 
variety of seabirds on mainland New Zealand including 
13 species of Albatross, 14 varieties of Petrels and 7 
types of Shearwater. This is a real wonderful place for 
those who enjoy the beauty of the nature. 

Undersea Canyon
I was also made to know that the 2km deep Kaikoura Canyon, 
lying hidden just offshore, is one of the world's great undersea 
wonders. The two strong sea currents converge in this enormous 
trench and draw vast quantities of plant and animal nutrients to the 
surface in a great up swelling. Visit now to have such a marvelous 
experience.
At that time, I took my company plane to Christchurch, our final 
stop of delivery of our aircraft for maintenance in one of the 
hangars in New Zealand. My colleagues and I spent a couple of 
nights in that town. Thereafter, my friend from the Reinsurance 
Broker join me for a tour and we rented a car to embark our 
journey to explore a few interesting places for our trip.
Other place we have visited is at the foot of the hill where we 
have our skiing there. I engaged a coach to teach me to ski, 
however I find my body is too stiff to master it. At the end of day, 
I still hardly move, yet I find it challenging and most memorable in 
my life. See the photo below where I have clothed myself with all 
the necessary equipments and the stiffness of my body is well 
reflected in the photo. 











































Hope this article gives you some insight of the place I have visited.
Your Chief Servant,

James Oh

Founder and Group CEO

Skype me at james.oh18

No comments:

Post a Comment