BETTER THAN THE BEST

BETTER THAN THE BEST
CLICK AT THE IMAGE TO VIEW

James Oh received a Diamond Super Connector award on BranchOut.

James Oh is well connected! He is now able to reach out to over 60,000 people and 33,516 companies in his BranchOut professional network to better his career and open doors for new opportunities.

Followers

Better Than The Best BY JAMES OH

Better Than The Best BY JAMES OH
click at the image to buy

Monday 20 June 2011

AUTHOR - IVAN KING

Hi ! Folks,


Although Ivan King had a humble beginning, it did not deter this steel man from shining. It is very interesting to note that he has a very strong determination to fan the flames and face the fire. This man is my model and he has chosen the encouraging path to record his childhood memories in his novel, Valley of Steel.


The book recorded events which are heart warming and gut wrenching; forcing the reader to laugh and cry, cannot be more precise than what have been prescribed by reader review. Please get hold of this book and check it out yourself. Don't take our words for granted. Let us know whether you agree to our views of it.


This book may bring you back to your old days which may offer you some light to shape your past events, similar to the way written by the above author, which of course will be of its kind.


Here, I chose not to disclose too much of it and let you do your own discovery. I am sure you too will enjoy reading it.


Append below please find the information of the author.


BIO

I was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in 1977, though my stay in Rio was to be short lived. Adopted from an orphanage, I was raised in Ipatinga’s, Valley of Steel. My favorite author is Hemingway; yet my favorite book, is Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath. When not writing or reading, I play chess, the guitar, or else am out and about, perhaps at a Chinese buffet.


When I was eight, I read my first book, Judy Blume’s Superfudge and the rest is history. That is the story behind how my passion for reading began; how it ends…has yet to be written.


Currently, I am working on a couple dozen writing projects and turning some of my novels into screenplays. My first published novel, Valley of Steel, is a memoir of my life growing up in the favelas, or slums, of Brazil.


My favorite quote: “Today we do what nobody wants to do, so that tomorrow we will be able to do what nobody can.”


Title: Valley of Steel


Genre: Memoir


Languages: Portuguese, English


Overview


Sometimes Fate is unkind. Who would dare to look back and risk her wrath?


When you’re a child of the favela, in the Valley of Steel, you know that Fate comes like a whirlwind, lifting some to great heights and slapping others down without reason. Rescued first from an orphanage in the slums of Rio de Janeiro and then from the bleak streets of Ipatinga in Brazil’s Valley of Steel, Ivan, has been favored by Fate. When a phone call from Brazil interrupts his privileged life in America, he learns his best friend has committed suicide back in the rugged Valley of Steel, and only he knows the real reasons why.


This is the story of one man’s journey home after self-inflicted exile. The story of a boy who saw more than any child should and the man he grew into–and how that man came back to the Valley of Steel to avenge his childhood and stare down the demons of his past. It’s a story of survival, redemption, and joy. Of childhood memories that burn in the soul and what happens when one man has enough courage to fan the flames and face the fire.


Happy reading and look forward to receiving your feedback, as usual.


James Oh


Skype me at james.oh18





No comments:

Post a Comment